Required Information for Election Setup
You will need the following information to set up an election on ElectionBuddy:
- ElectionBuddy can email the secure access keys to your voters, so you'll need a list of all your
voteremail addresses if you want ElectionBuddy to email the keys on your behalf.
- ElectionBuddy can send SMS or text messages with the secure access keys to your voters, so you'll need a list of all your
- ElectionBuddy can send postal notices with the secure access keys to your voters, so you'll need a list of all your
voter postal noticeswith the keys on your behalf.
- For those that you want to allow to vote but for whom you DON'T have email addresses or cell phone numbers, you can still use
ElectionBuddyby calculating the number of eligible voters (i.e. the number of members in your organization, employees in your company) and creating manual access keys for them.
- You can also add Membership IDs or some unique identifier to keep track of voters.
- You will also need the positions up for election, the questions you want to ask voters, and the related descriptions or candidate profiles. If your election is about voting for people, you can upload a picture as well.
For information regarding technical prerequisites required to use Electionbuddy, please refer to our article on computer and browser setting requirements for election administrators and voters.