Spoiling a Ballot
Our "Spoil Ballot" option is used in the voter list to delete a ballot so it is not included in the election results. It can also be used to remove an access key prior to its use. Once the ballot is spoiled, it cannot be unspoiled or reactivated.
For ballots of voters that have not yet voted, the key will be made invalid. For those that have already voted, the results will be removed from the election list. In both cases, after the ballots are spoiled, they will be marked as such in the voter list, so that the results are auditable. We want to ensure that your election integrity is maintained.
For example, when conducting a board election, you could spoil ballots if:
- You mistakenly added some members
inyour voter list that are not actually eligible to vote.
- A member does something that makes them ineligible to vote, such as quitting your organization midway through the election.
To spoil the ballot:
- Log in to your
- Identify the election you want to manage, and from its Actions menu, choose the "Voter List and Status" link.
- Review the voter list and find the ballot that you want to spoil. You can also search for the voter by entering the email address or phone number or ballot identifier in the "Search" field.
- Once you have found the ballot you want to spoil, select the box of that particular ballot.
- An "Actions" menu will appear on the top right corner of the table - click on the "Spoil Ballot" link to spoil the ballot.