Ballot Design — Setting Up an Approval Election for Unopposed Candidates
Electionbuddy allows you to set up an approval election for candidates that are running unopposed - in other words, you can use Electionbuddy to ratify a single candidate via a referendum voting method. Below is an example ballot:
To set up a ballot like the one above, follow these steps:
- Go through your "Details" stage of your setup to get to the "Ballot" stage.
- Add a question. The following window will appear:
Select "Single candidate for one vacancy", and click "Create".
Your ballot question will appear! The key to this is that the voting method is a "Referendum", which you will see underneath the ballot question title.
- You can change the wording of the "Approve" and "Reject" options as you see fit.
- You can also allow for comments and abstains, and add additional instructions or question information as required.
- For example, the "Question Information" is a great place to put a little blurb about your candidate, as a bit of a profile for them.