Calculating the Winner — Voting and Tally Methods
Electionbuddy tries to cater to as many voting-type requirements as possible! Elections supported include:
- Plurality Voting (or First Past the Post Voting) - Vote for one or more candidates for each position.
- Preferential Voting - (or Instant Runoff) Rank each candidate for each position.
- Approval Voting - Approve or disprove each candidate/option for a position (this is a voting method, if you need to approve a single candidate, use a referendum)
- Referendums - Ask a question that requires a Yes/No response
- Election Announcements and Candidate Nomination - Announce an election and allow voters to suggest candidates. Electionbuddy will pull the nominations into a ballot for a future election!
- Cumulative Voting - Voters are allowed a number of votes, up to the number of vacancies for that position, and can choose to put more than one vote for each option.
For more information on these election types, visit our tour page! If you have a specific need for another type of election method or tally method, please let us know! If we get enough requests, we will definitely consider implementing it.