Adding Access Keys for Voters Who Join your Voter List After the Election Begins
A good rule of thumb is to ensure that you have extra access keys available for your election. This is because you may:
- have new voters because people will join your organization after the election start date
- be unsure of the correct email address of a voter, so you have left them off the voter list.
Or, for whatever reason, you may simply need to offer a voter a second shot at voting. In any case, it's better to have them and not need them, than need them and not have them.
Ensure you add extra reserved access keys during the election setup in Step 4 - "Voters"
- Proceed to the "Voters" page of your election setup.
- Underneath the voter list - click on the "Reserve extra voters"
- Add the total number of reserve extra voters that you expect.
Remember, a minimum of 5% or 20, whichever is greater!
Then, you access these keys in your voter list (voter list and status) after your election starts, assign them to the new voters, and have El
For more details on how to access these keys in a live election and distribute them to your voters, please refer to our article on adding additional voters after your election has started.