One of the most common issues around printed notices is that they get set up incorrectly when building an election, but the consequences are not usually apparent until after the election is paid for. The purpose of this article is to assist you in properly setting up your printed notices, as well as assisting you in getting them printed!
- On your "Notice" stage of setup, select "Printed notices". You can include a QR code on these notices - voters can scan the QR code with a mobile device to be taken directly to the ballot on that device. You can also customize the notice template, if you want.
- Proceed to the "Voters" tab in your election setup.
- If you are using multiple notice types, or want to be able to keep track of who receives a specific printed notice, turn on "Ballot IDs". You can upload/copy and paste your voter list with the ballot IDs and contact information for those voters. After you have their ballot IDs and contact information in, you can insert the ballot IDs that would correspond to the voters whose digital contact information you do not have. You could also just throw the IDs of those voters without digital contact information into your voter list (just leave the email address column blank) and do the upload/copy and paste in one step.
- If you are using printed notices exclusively, and do not choose any other features that need to be set up in the voter list, then you will see a gray banner where the voter list input table usually is. That box will ask you how many notices you'd like Electionbuddy to create. Put in the number of notices you need Electionbuddy to create.
- When you have launched your election, you can print out all of the printed notices for your voters that do not have contact information. To do this:
- In your "Voter List and Status" page on your election, go to the "Actions" menu in the top right.
- From the menu, click on "Print notices"
- A pop-up window will appear, asking you if you would like to print all notices, or just print notices for those voters without contact information:
Clicking on the link causes a PDF of the notices to appear in a new tab. You can then download and print your notices.