Printed Notices — A How-To
One of the most common issues around printed notices is that they get set up incorrectly when building an election, but the consequences are not usually apparent until after the election is paid for. The purpose of this article is to assist you in properly setting up your printed notices, as well as assisting you in getting them printed!
- On your "Notice" stage of setup, select "Printed notices". You can include a QR code on these notices - voters can scan the QR code with a mobile device to be taken directly to the ballot on that device. You can also customize the notice template, if you want.
- Proceed to the "Voters" tab in your election setup, and turn on "Ballot IDs". You want to give ballot IDs when choosing printed notices, as it is the way Electionbuddy can count how many voter keys to create, and it allows you to associate which printed notice goes with which voter
- If you are doing a multi-channel election (using another notice form as well as printed), you can upload/copy and paste your voter list with the ballot IDs and contact information for those voters. After you have their ballot IDs and contact information in, you can insert the ballot IDs that would correspond to the voters whose digital contact information you do not have. You could also just throw the IDs of those voters without digital contact information into your voter list (just leave the email address column blank) and do the upload/copy and paste in one step.
- When you have launched your election, you can print out all of the printed notices for your voters that do not have contact information. To do this:
- In your "Voter List and Status" page on your election, go to the "Actions" menu in the top right.
- From the menu, click on "Print notices"
- A pop-up window will appear, asking you if you would like to print all notices, or just print notices for those voters without contact information:
- A pdf will open in a new tab containing each voter notice, already associated with their ballot ID. You can print these off in one big batch and distribute them according to the ballot ID on each voter notice.