Announcements and Collecting Nominations
By a large margin, most people use Electionbuddy for elections. But, did you know that Electionbuddy also has a feature specifically for the nomination process before an election as well?
It's called the "Announcement" feature. It can be found on the first page of your election setup (the "Details" page):
When this is selected, the "Details" page will change to ask for three dates/times:
- The election start date/time - the start date is included in the announcement notice to let voters know when voting opens.
- The announcement start date/time - when the nomination period begins, and announcement notices are sent to voters.
- The announcement end date/time - when the nomination period is over.
The "Ballot" stage of setup is also different from a regular election, as only two question types ("Nomination" and "Referendum") are available when doing an Announcement. When you click "+ Add position or question", you will see the following window:
The "Referendum" type is identical to an election "Referendum" question, so we will focus on the "Nomination" type. When you create a "Nomination" question, you will need to set the number of candidates that a voter can nominate, and will end up with something like this:
This results in a ballot with two spots for writing in the names of the candidates being nominated.
The notification types available for an Announcement are the same as a regular election; however, please note that the default text is different. The rest is the same as a regular election as well: you put in your voter list, review all the components of your Annoucement setup, and get it started!
Some things to note:
- Announcements are priced identically to elections; please refer to our pricing guidelines for more details.
- If you need to be able to associate nominators with their nominees, use our "Poll" setting in "Voter Anonymity". For more details, please see our related article on the "Voter Anonymity" setting.