Ballot Security and Election Integrity
Electionbuddy keeps your ballot secured to ensure the election integrity. We use the following measures for ballot security & election integrity:
- Ballots are encrypted using SSL encryption.
- The amount of information an administrator may know about the voters' voting credentials can be very limited. For more information about the setting that controls this functionality, please visit our article on integrity and ballot access.
- Administrators can see who voted, but can be restricted from seeing a voter's individual voting choices. Votes are summarized to show the winner and how many votes were received for each choice on each position or question. For more information about the setting that controls this functionality, please visit our article on our voter anonymity setting.
- Unless a low integrity setting is used, ballots can only be used once. Unique access keys are tracked and marked as completed once used to ensure that each ballot is submitted only once.
- Voter information is tracked (
IPaddress, voter details) to allow for voting audits.