Election Results — When They are Visible and Who Can See Them
ElectionBuddy allows you to customize when the results can be seen, and what is shown in the results. This can be customized for both the election administrator and the voters and is done so on the first page of your election setup, the "Details" stage.
There are three settings that control this information:
- The Voter Anonymity Setting
- The Election Administrator Results Viewability Setting
- The Voter Results Viewability Setting
The Voter Anonymity Setting
When proceeding through the "Security" section on the Details page of your election setup, the first setting you will encounter is the setting that controls whether the voters' choices are visible with the results, and to whom they are visible:
This setting controls if the voter's choices are hidden, visible to administrators, or visible to voters and administrators. Typically, most election administrators choose to hide the voters' choices as most organizations bylaws and related legislation require this to maintain election integrity. This setting is non-adjustable once your election is running — so choose wisely!
The Election Administrator Results Viewability Setting
The second security setting addresses when the election administrator can view the results — either while the election is running, or not until the election is over:
This setting is also non-adjustable when your election is running.
If your setting is "any time after the elections starts," which allows the election administrator to view the results while the election is running, the "Voted" status of the three most recent voters is obscured in the voter list. For more details, please see Why Not All "Voted" Voters are Showing as "Voted" in your Live Election Voter List.
The Voter Results Viewability Setting
The third security setting asks when the voters can view the results, if at all:
Any time after the election starts — voters will be able to use their ballot link to view the results of the election while it is running. An email with the results link can be scheduled and sent out to all voters after the election closes.
- Only after the election has ended — voters will be able to use their ballot link to view the results of the election after it has closed. An email with the results link can be scheduled and sent out to all voters after the election closes.
- Don't allow voters to view the results — voters will not be able to view the results of the election through ElectionBuddy.
- This setting, unlike the first two, can be changed while your election is running. For more information please see: Election Results — Changing Your Voters' Ability to View the Results While Your Election is Running.