Election Results — When They are Visible and Who Can See Them
Electionbuddy allows you to customize when the results can be seen, and what is shown in the results. This can be customized for both the election administrator and the voters, and is done so on the first page of your election setup, the "Details" stage.
There are three settings that control this information:
- The Voter Anonymity Setting
- The Election Administrator Results Viewability Setting
- The Voter Results Viewability Setting
The Voter Anonymity Setting
When proceeding through the "Details" page, the first setting you will encounter is the setting that controls what is shown in the "Results" area:
With this setting, you control whether the voter's choices are visible with the results, and to whom they are visible. You can choose to either hide them entirely (as is required by many organizations' bylaws and governing legislature), show them just to the election administrator, or to show them to anyone who accesses the "Results" page of your election. This setting is non-adjustable once your election is running — so choose wisely!
The Election Administrator Results Viewability Setting
The second setting addresses when the election administrator can view the results - either while the election is running, or not until the election is over:
This setting is also non-adjustable when your election is running.
If your settings are set to allow yourself to view the election results while it is running, the "Voted" status of your three most recent voters is obscured in the voter list. For more details, please see Why Not All "Voted" Voters are Showing as "Voted" in your Live Election Voter List.
The Voter Results Viewability Setting
The third setting asks when the voters can view the results, if at all:
Changing Your Voters' Ability to View the Results
This setting, unlike the first two, can be changed while your election is running. To do so:
- Once you are logged in, click on the election's name to be brought to the election's "Results" page.
- Click on the "Actions" menu in the top right, and from there, click "Results Link".
- A window will appear. On this window, you will see a replica of the Voter Results Viewability Setting that was present in your election setup. This setting works the exact same way: simply choose the viewability setting that works for you, and then click "Save".
When the results are viewable to the voters, the results link will be present in this window, as shown above. The link can be taken from that window and inserted into an email, or on your organization's website, in order to share the results with your voters.