Sharing Results With Voters
Results can be shared with voters in two ways:
- Manually yourself using the results link
- Have ElectionBuddy email or text message the results for you
Results MUST be visible to your voters to share them with your voters. Please see Election Results — When They are Visible and Who Can See Them for more details
Sharing results manually yourself
- From the "Actions" menu, select “Results Link”. You can select this if your election is running, or completed.
- A window will appear.
- If you have allowed your voters to view the results, you should see a link in the top part of the window.
- If you haven't allowed your voters to view the results, there will be no link in the window. Changing the settings in the lower portion of the same window will allow you to change the settings so you can access the results link.
- Copy the link by selecting it using your mouse and using Ctrl-C for windows users or Command-C for Mac Users.
- Paste the link into the body of an email of your own personal email program or add to a web page on your own organization's website
- This shareable link can be sent via your personal email program or included on your organization's website.
Clicking it will allow your voters to come to Electionbuddy to view the results. You can test it by clicking on the link too!
Using ElectionBuddy to share results for you by email or text message
- From the "Actions" menu of your completed election, choose "Send Results".
- A window will appear. Choose "Schedule Email Result" (or to send via Text message, choose "SMS Message")
- Edit the body of the results message to meet your needs.
- Pick a date for the email to be sent. If you want to send it out right away, simply type "Now" into the send date field.
- Click "Schedule" to save your changes. The email will go out at the scheduled time.
After scheduling the email, you can preview, edit, or remove it prior to it being sent.