Re-Opening a Closed Election
If you close an election manually on accident, or an election reaches its scheduled end time but you decide that you'd like to run the election for a little longer, you can re-open the election. This will allow your voters to continue voting (without requiring a new access key to be issued to them) and for ElectionBuddy to continue tallying results.
To re-open a closed election:
- Log into your ElectionBuddy account.
- On your Dashboard, locate the name of the election that you'd like to re-open.
- Click on the name of that election to be brought to the election's "Results" page.
- On the "Results" page, locate the "Actions" menu in the top-right of the page.
- Click on that menu to open up a drop-down list of options:
From the drop-down list, choose "Reopen Election".
A window will pop up with your election's start and end times. Only the end time will be editable. Edit the end time to meet your needs.
When your new end date and time is correctly entered, click "Confirm".
After a few minutes, ElectionBuddy will re-open your election.